On Saturday, October 29th, 2022 at 10:52 hours we had a walk-in at our station, tenants from a nearby residential complex reported their carbon monoxide detector was going off and that there were contractors on location doing work. They requested that we could check out their apartment.

The incident was reported to Montgomery County Emergency Operations Center to dispatch the company to the alarm. Assistant 45 arrived on the scene reporting that workers were on location and detectors were sounding. Shortly after Squad 45 arrived on the scene and the company went into service with gas meters to get readings inside the property. The meters quickly showed high levels on all three floors of the building.

The incident was upgraded requesting the assistance of the next-due Ladder from Plymouth Fire Company No. 1 (Montco 43). All hands went into service with fans and additional meters. After 3 hours of ventilating all 3 floors and 12 residential units, the residents were able to return to their units.
The residents who came to our station to report their concerns did the right thing by reporting it, however always call 911 to report any concerns of carbon monoxide, this will expedite the process and get the necessary resources to your location quickly. So many times we hear people apologizing to us for calling us, they feel like they are inconveniencing us. It is not inconvenient to us, we are here to provide a service that keeps our community safe.

Never hesitate to dial 911 to report any type of detector going off. We have the tools necessary to verify if it is a faulty detector or a true emergency. So for the safety of you, your family, and your neighbors’ DIAL 911.